According to her, the plans had been carefully mapped out long before the scheme was moved to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster and Social Development.
Speaking specifically on the exit plans, Mrs Uwais said:
“We have had meetings with Central Bank of Nigeria on different loan options for the N-Power beneficiaries after exiting the scheme.
“We have discussed with the Minister of Finance on some funding via the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme.
“We have also met with state governors to employ beneficiaries from their own states. The goal is to give N-Power beneficiaries a smooth exit on graduation,” she told the News Agency of Nigeria on Monday in Abuja.
She also gave assurances that there are no plans to restructure or frustrate the scheme, noting that beneficiaries will be paid their allowances and other benefits.
“The National Social Investment Office is not aware of any plan to restructure or frustrate the programmes.
“Our operations have been very transparent. For every payment to the beneficiaries of all the social investment programmes, the ministry is fully involved in all the processes,” she said.