The announcement of the Nigeria Police have revealed that no member of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) will be employed to the upcoming Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT).
The Force Headquarters confirmed this on Wednesday.
Frank Mba, Public Relations Officer of Police who made this declaration gave 5 important “noteworthy facts” about the just established unit.
The 5 noteworthy points are:
- No member of the old scrapped SARS will be deployed to be part of the new Tactical Team;
- The Operatives are excluded from any disciplinary matter especially those relating to misuse of firearms or abuse of human rights.
- Operations of the new Tactical Team will be highly based on intelligence driven.
- Members of the SWAT Team will not be engaging in patrols and unlawful search of laptops and phones.
- Operatives are excluded from disciplinary matters especially those touching the misuse of firearms or violation of human rights.
INCASE YOU MISSED:
Meanwhile, all the SARS members have been instructed to report to Abuja.
FRESHREPORTERS learnt that the prospective SWAT members will go through both psychological and medical examination to make they are really eligible and fit for the job.
The trainings will be carried out in all the tactical training institutions across the country as from next week.