Wednesday, September 22, 2021

telegram SH
Whatsapp 9787748839374893773 1

images 23 1609798193847

HomeNewsGeneral NewsI Drank, Passed Out When My 11-year-old Brother Was Electrocuted –Esther-Whyte

I Drank, Passed Out When My 11-year-old Brother Was Electrocuted –Esther-Whyte

An 11-year-old boy, Godspower Bassey Isemin was on Friday, February 21, 2020, electrocuted when an electricity cable snapped and fell on a gate when he was leaning on while washing clothes. 

I Drank, Passed Out When My 11-year-old Brother Was Electrocuted –Esther-Whyte

His elder sister and actress, Esther-Whyte Bassey, talks about the pain of losing her brother.

When she was asked how she felt losing her brother to electric shock, she said;

The electrocution of my brother was caused by a facility of Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company. It happened while he was washing his clothes and leaning on a gate. It has been a really difficult and heartbreaking moment for me and my family, especially my mum who has not recovered from the trauma. Losing someone as dear as Godspower is a nightmare we are all begging to wake up from. It’s really sad to wake up to the reality that someone as humble and God-fearing as my beloved brother is no more with us.

Godspower shouldn’t have died, he never deserved it. Since his death, it has been a turning moment for my family and I just hope we, especially my mum, are able to move on soon.

Narrating how difficult it is for her, the actress said;

Since the sad untimely death of Godspower, it has been very difficult for me to catch any sleep; even my mum could not sleep. I only realised how deep it was eating into me and breaking me down when I took to drinking as an escape from the reality. At a point in time, I was able to take a decision to be strong, but I found the day Godspower was being buried difficult. That day, I couldn’t get a flight to Calabar (in Cross River State) to pay my last respects to him.

While calling home to keep tabs on his interment, I was at the same time drinking at Twin Towers on the Island, trying to console myself. I was all by myself that day because I left home so that I could be alone. Surprisingly, I realised I was on a stretcher and some management staff members of Twin Tower and Obaji Akpet, my publicist, were watching me. Obaji was standing there and yelling at me, worried that I wanted to kill myself. Only then did I realise I had actually passed out and been in coma for a period I could not remember. That day, Obaji and my friend were awake all night as they tried to distract with their conversations; it was their way of trying to help me feel okay. And it helped. Since then, I have been trying to catch some sleep not induced by alcohol, but it’s been like telling myself another lie.


SEE HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON THIS PLATFORM>>[http://bit.ly/2PvYHfC]

Donate to support Freshreporters=>https://freshreporters.com/support




DISCLAIMER
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send a mail to thefreshrepo [email protected]

For Advert and other info, you can send a WhatsApp Message to +2347050565443


Join thousands of readers to receive daily Latest News:

telegram iconJoin our Telegram Group

facebook iconLike our Facebook Page

whatsapp iconJoin our WhatsApp Group

twitter iconFollow Us on Twitter

facebook iconJoin Our FACEBOOK GROUP

instagram iconFollow Us on Instagram

youtube iconSubscribe to our YouTube Channel


.

1 COMMENT

Most Viewed news