A virus is actually a microscopic parasite that lacks the capacity to survive and reproduce outside the body of a host. This means that once a virus finds it way into the body( living cell) it’s forced to reproduce thousands and millions of identical copies of the original virus at an extraordinary rate/speed. The understanding of what a virus is will make you to have an idea of how coronavirus definitely operate.
You might have asked yourself severally the question ,what is a coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a respiratory illiness. They are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
|Coronavirus is a respiratory illness. Photo: Cnet|
Origin of Corona Virus
Corona virus [CoV] is a deadly virus which has never been seen before, and it’s first detected in Wuhan, a city in China. The disease as seen is causing alarm all over the world. Some countries such as Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, the US and Australia have cases of this deadly disease been documented. You hear of coronavirus in China death rate hits 1,000. And over 43,000 casualties and still counting. Corona virus has another name now popularly referred to “Wuhan corona virus”.
Why is it called coronavirus?
Cause of Coronavirus
2019/2020 novel Coronavirus. It comes from animals just like other coronaviruses. The initially infected cases were traced back to the meats shopped in the Huanan seafood wholesale market in the centre of the Chinese city, either sold live or a newly slaughtered animal.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The Coronavirus symptoms as gathered from the casualties were mostly fever, fatigue and dry cough. ⅓ (one-third) of the patients has reported muscle pain and difficulty breathing, while about a percentage of 10 had at symptoms, including diarrhoea and nausea.
How To Cure Wuhan Coronavirus
How to stay safe from Coronavirus
- Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular washing of hands. At least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid sea foods of all kinds. Their are other alternatives you can get in market. People in Asia should take this very serious.
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if water is not quickly available for hand washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do well to avoid mutual contact with people who are sick.
- Withdrawal; stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and dispose the tissue properly after use.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Video: BBC News
ALSO READ: BREAKING: First Coronavirus Case Recorded In Nigeria