The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja is delivering judgement in the case instituted by the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, challenging the outcome of the February 23, 2019 presidential election.
Below are some of the key decisions reached in the main judgment so far:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari was eminently qualified to contest the Feb. 23, 2019 presidential election
2. Buhari did not give information in an affidavit submitted to INEC concerning his academic qualification
3. The manual for the election issued by INEC did not provide for electronic transmission of results of the election
4. Petitioners failed to prove that election results were transmitted electronically.
5. Petitioners’ Witness 59, who was brought from Kenya, failed to prove that there was an INEC server.
6. PW59 relied on hearsay information about the said INEC server posted on a website, www.factsdontlie.com by a purpported whistleblower who was never known.
7. Card reader machine was not used to transmit results during the election but for mere authentication of authentication ownership of voter cards.
8. Petitioners merely dumped documents particularly electoral materials on the tribunal without demonstrating them by tying the evidence of any of their 62 witnesses to the documents in their bid to prove the allegations in their petition
SEE HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON THIS PLATFORM>>[http://bit.ly/2PvYHfC]
Donate to support Freshreporters=>https://freshreporters.com/support
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send a mail to thefreshrepo [email protected]
For Advert and other info, you can send a WhatsApp Message to +2347050565443
Join thousands of readers to receive daily Latest News:
PROMO SALES!!! Get cheap WRISTWATCH, SHADES & BRACELET collections😘💃